August 18th, 2014 was the year that My Take Radio evolved into the RAGE Works brand and it has been an amazing five years. Within those five years, we had some amazing milestones along the way, including the following:
- The 400th episode of My Take Radio.
- The birth of the RAGE Works Podcast Network:
- Black is the New Black joined the network.
- Jay Santy launched The Regular Season Sportscast.
- Josiesboy joined the family and launched Call Me When It's Over.
- Jay Santy started Turnbuckle Tabloid and Olskey joined the ruckus for co-hosting duties.
- Jimbo Slyice and I brought The Variant Issue to the masses.
- The RAGE Works Podcast Network as a whole broke the 1K episode mark.
- The RAGE Works Podcast Network made the move from Libsyn to Spreaker.
There are a lot of other amazing moments, but if we listed every single one we'd go on forever. We did want to share some numbers with you guys as well because you the reader and listener are part of this success. Thanks to our loyal listeners, while at Libsyn, from the My Take Radio era through the rise of RAGE Works we secured over 143,000 downloads.
Once we moved to Spreaker last year we shattered the 25K lifetime download mark, which when combined with Libsyn's legacy numbers puts us at almost 170K lifetime downloads for all our podcasts!
So the question is, what comes next for the RAGE Works brand? First and foremost, our overall goal remains the same – which is to deliver the best Rants & Reviews about Gaming, Entertainment and “The Works” as we have been doing for the past five successful years. But in addition to that, here is a breakdown of what comes next.
- New Web Host: RAGE Works has been hosted for the last few years by Nestify after coming over from SiteGround. While Nestify has been a phenomenal host, we feel it was time for a change. After a lot of research, we moved all of our hosting to Cloudways which has yielded a substantial speed boost.
- New RAGE Works website: The RAGE Works website will be refreshed in celebration of our five year anniversary. RAGE Works will go into maintenance mode between 8/14 – 8/16 to prepare the site for the new layout. The new layout will be more mobile friendly and faster.
- RAGE Works Podcast Network site launch: The RAGE Works Podcast Network has truly come into its own, and as such we are giving the network its own home separate from the site and launching it on the 8/18. All of your favorite shows and all their episodes will reside here going forward with the main RAGE Works site serving all of the regular content. Expect to see some new shows debut on the network in the coming months as well!
- Expanded Partnership: For years we have enjoyed content partnerships with Royal Flush Magazine and Nerd News Today. We could not ask for better content partners to share our vision and content with. After a lengthy discussion with Matt from Nerd News Today, we are expanding our content partnership further. So expect to see a lot more of Matt's work on RAGE Works as well as some RAGE Works content on Nerd News Today. Make sure to visit Nerd News Today and also check them out on YouTube to get acquainted with their work.
- New Logos: The RAGE Works' gear logo and its variants have been a staple since our inception, and while we pride ourselves on being the “gears in the entertainment, gaming and pop culture machine” that too will be getting a refresh in the coming weeks – so keep an eye out for the new branding.
We look forward to the next stage of the RAGE Works journey and we are truly grateful for all of you consuming our content in its various forms. If you have any questions please feel free to reach out via social media or the contact form.
Thanks for all your support over the years. We can't wait to show you what comes next!